Research shows for every 60 seconds on Facebook, 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. These figures show a significantly high number of engaged and active users on just one social media site.
Social media is a customer service platform where brands can communicate to potential customers in real-time. Content must resonate with the customer because they either buy or unfollow. Consequently, moderation is crucial piece of the puzzle to ensure that customer engagement is both responsive and helpful.
Moderation involves listening, escalating, and responding to user-generated content on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Advantages of Moderation
- Quick and accurate responses to all communication from consumers.
- Better decision making because repetitive complaints about a product/service are quickly identified and actioned on.
- Improved customer loyalty from acknowledging and implementing noteable recommendations.
- Friendlier customer service platform as a result of the prompt removal of user-related content that is obscene, insulting, and illegal.
Tasks that you can outsource to Skilled Staff
Companies can outsource the following non-core and routine tasks:
- Real-time engagement with customers.
- Identifying trends based on feedback.
- Filtering contributions that are obscene, insulting, illegal, and irrelevant.
- Escalation of queries to the relevant team.