The decision to outsource can be very nerve-racking despite the advantages – reduced costs and increased operational efficiency. Delegating non-core and routine tasks, allows your employees to perform the expertise driven tasks they were hired for.
As well, the financial consideration to outsource is often weighed against the quality of the service delivered. Quality is determined by the people performing the function. Hence, the process of choosing an outsourcing service provider plays a pivotal role in determining the standard of work that will be produced.
Service level agreements (SLAs) are the backbone for successful partnerships. The failure to set out clear expectations and service standards may lead to escalated costs and service delays. Thus, compromising overall service quality.
Fortunately, Deloitte’s 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey revealed organisations are now reporting fewer concerns with provider proactivity, innovation, responsiveness, resource and service quality. In 2016, the rate of poor service quality had dropped to 20% from 48% in 2014.
What should you ask your outsourcing service provider?
- Can they make the all the necessary technological investments?
- Are they able to re-deploy resources to other locations during lean or peak times?
- Is the team qualified and experienced in the fields related to your business?
- Do the staff undergo regular learning and development?
- Work Processes
- Do they have a functional work process in place?
- Are they flexible and able to integrate your requirements into their day-to-day processes?
- Can they produce quality work that is timely, accurate and within budget?
- Is the team willing and able to adopt of new techniques and technologies that are related to your business?
- How much do they know about your industry?
Get Involved: Hire an Impact Worker
Skilled Staff is an Impact Sourcing service provider with a social mission at heart.
Our staffing model helps you gain additional business process support from subject matter experts, while lifting families out of poverty. Skilled Staff gives you the opportunity to address persistent poverty by partnering with an organisation that is creating an ecosystem that is economically self-sustaining and organically growing.
The following tasks can be outsourced to Skilled Staff:
- Data Processing
- Online Customer Service
- Online Marketing
- Social Media Management